Sunday, October 30, 2011

Phantogram of the Opera!

Boo! It's the spookiest post of the year!  Happy Halloween to everyone.  I am sure if everyone is like my wife, you are making your final preparations to hand out candy tomorrow for the trick-or-treaters.  Tonight was spent carving pumpkins (see picture above...Jamie and I carved that baby together).  We cracked a bottle of one of my dad's favorite wine, Garnacha de Fuego, which is from Spain.  In the spirit of ranking the wine by eyebrows, definitely two eyebrows up.  It's an easy go to for parties and gifts.  Check it out.

This week I also tried a new IPA.  This IPA is brewed and bottled by Widmer Brothers Brewing from Portland, Oregon.  Its part of the Rotator IPA Series and is called X-114 IPA.  This beer packs good flavor and hops.  The hops are more suttle in this IPA than most, but it really does have a good citrus finish, much like a Pale Ale.  It's a good beer for carving pumpkins!  For that I give X-114 IPA:

ONE EYEBROW UP!

This weeks pick didn't come til late in the week.  I ended up selecting a song on inderockcafe.com website, from their new music page.  It is from the band Phantogram, which I had never heard of.  The song is called,"Don't Move," and it is off of their currently unreleased CD "Nightlife."  I know the song starts off like a CD played in a Sony 1996 10 second ESP Discman, but the song progresses really quickly with the beat, and much of the lyrics, my favorite being,"I'm not your drinking problem."  It's not typically a song I would listen to a lot, but for some reason I find it catchy, so you are just gonna have to give it a listen and see how it makes you feel inside.  If you feel like dancing...join the club.  If you hate it...tune in next week!  So here you go:

Phantogram - "Don't Move"

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the shout out about en fuego, great wine greater value, next up Chilean wine my newest exploration of wines under 20 bucks. Catching up on blog really like Goyte, I like Genesis, so Peter Gaberial my kinda of guy, liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete