Sunday, October 23, 2011

Gotye

Welcome back to another exciting week of music and beer.  We have reach a milestone on the blog of 800 page views, so go ahead and take a minute to pat yourselves on the back for all of the support of my blog.  For about a month I thought the blog was just going to go away, but the tides have changed, and I am now writing back to back weeks!  This week is exciting in the fact that I have both a fun new song and a great beer to go with it, so buckle in, grab your IPA, put in your headphones and let's listen to some musics!

This weeks beer is actually not an IPA.  I walked Gorda across the street yesterday to Berbiglia (the neighborhood liquor store) and pick up a Dubbel from the Boulevard Brewing Company's Smokestack Series.  Boulevard as we all know is brewed right here in Kansas City.  The beer is called Nommo Dubbel and is more of a malt beer than a hoppy IPA.  I was excited because it was more of a fall beer brewed with molasses and spices, so I figure tis the season.  It has a darker color and is very rich in flavor.  It is 8.1% alcohol as well, which as always a plus in my book.  Well worth a try! Here's to not remembering!  For that I give Nommo Dubbel

ONE EYEBROW UP!

Now that you are nice and buzzed up...music time!  This week's pick was also an easy one.  It came recommended from my sister-in-law's boyfriend Marcus.  Marcus hails all the way from New Zealand and told me about this song.  Gotye is an Aussie, and Kimbra is from New Zealand, and apparently this song is very popular "down under" right now.  I can see why, because it gets stuck in my head all of the time!  Gotye reminds me a lot of Peter Gabriel, which might scare you off at first, but as when you hear the song, you will like it!  The Peter Gabriel sound comes across a lot in the song "I Feel Better." So without further adeau...

Gotye - "Somebody That I Used to Know"


Gotye - "I Feel Better"


I also added this song from Kimbra (who is featured in Somebody that I Used to Know).  Jamie really likes it.  Not to bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment