Sunday, October 16, 2011

Creature From the Black Youth Lagoon

Welcome to another week of musics!  A few side notes before we get to the music.  Saturday (Oct. 15) was my one year anniversary.  One year ago yesterday I was standing in a gazebo in Mexico getting married to my best friend.  I love you Jamie.  I would also like to congratulate my friend Nofel because on Friday he was getting married in a gazebo in Mexico!  Wish we were there!  There are no new followers this week so we can probably just cut right to the chase. 

This week's IPA comes from a stones throw from my house.  It was brewed at 75th Street Brewery in Waldo (which is a small area of Kansas City.)  I stopped in today on my way home from costume shopping, which was horribly unsuccessful because both stores were closed, and picked up a 1/2 gallon growler of Good Hope IPA.  I was really excited to try this one because it is so local.  They had a choice of two IPAs, and I unfortunately I think I chose wrong!  The Good Hope IPA tastes a little bit watered down, and lacks that big hop taste that I really enjoy.  So for that I give Good Hope IPA


One eyebrow down.  I hope there is good hope for 75th St. Brews other IPA.

Now buckle up folks because it's pick of the week time!  This week was about an easy a pick as they come.  This pick comes from the band Youth Lagoon.  It is there first LP, and I am not sure if there is a single song on the album that I dislike.  Every song is excellent.  I highly recommend giving it a listen.  You will not be let down.  I have chosen two songs off of the album, because I couldn't choose just one.  So here you go.  I hope you like!

Youth Lagoon - 17


Youth Lagoon - Cannons


See you suckers next week (or month)

No comments:

Post a Comment