Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dead Man's Bones

Welcome back for another day of booze and tunes.  There has still been a slow period in new releases that I have been excited about to I have had to pull from songs that are new to me, but not new to the world.  I have been listening to a ton of Pandora at work lately (Broken Social Scene Radio), so most of my current favorite songs are from years past.  That doesn't mean that the quality of the songs are bad, and I have still found new IPAs to try, so don't sweat the small stuff!

This week's IPA comes from Founders Brewing in Grand Rapids, MI.  I actually had this a couple weeks ago with my brother and liked it so much I thought I would add it to the blog to let the world know how good it is.  I just want to scream it from the top of a mountain.  The Centennial IPA is delicious, and well worth a try for all you beer lovers out there.  For the Nezars of the world...stick to Bud Light...losers.  At any rate, Centennial IPA has great hop flavor, and has an excellent finish.  For that, Centennial IPA, I give you:


Like I said before, not a lot of new music is coming out hot off the press, so I have picked songs that I have recently heard and liked.  The song is called "Pa Pa Power" and is from the 2009 release Dead Man's Bones, by the band Dead Man's Bones.  That means it's a self titled album, for all of you that were slow to catch on.  You know who you are.  Let's all get on the same page...After some research I found out that Dead Man's Bones is actually a band started by Ryan Gosling (the actor) and Zach Shields (not an actor).  The entire CD is done in collaboration with Silverlake Conservatory Children's Choir (which was started by the Red Hot Chili Pepper's bassist Flea).  I think this is a very good listen and I hope you enjoy it.

 Dead Man's Bones - "Pa Pa Power"

No comments:

Post a Comment