Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Little Talks

I'm here and I'm queer!  I know what you're thinking...another week of music...finally!  It has been a busy February, and I have not taken the time to sit and talk about music.

Don't think that I didn't take time to sit down and drink some beers, because I definitely did that.  I have had the pleasure of drinking several IPAs over the past month.  Some new and some old but all very very good.  This weeks comes from Deschutes Brewery in wonderful Bend, Oregon.  I have never been but according to this beer I would love to visit.  The name is Inversion IPA and it is quiet tasty.  Strong bitter bop flavor, and great citrus aroma.  All that I could ask for in an IPA.  For that Inversion IPA, my Unlce Mike graces thee with:


This week, for the first time in years, I heard a song that I really like on the radio of all places.  The song is by the band Of Monsters and Men.  At first I thought it was Kate Nash, but it turns out this band is from Iceland.  Rolling Stones calls them a mix of The Arcade Fire and Mumford and Sons, but I feel more of a mix of Kate Nash, Mumford, and the Head and the Heart.  Regardless, the song is really really good.  As usual, I hope that you like it as much as I do.  Until next time America...

Of Monsters and Men - "Little Talks"

No comments:

Post a Comment