Sunday, July 17, 2011

Allen 'Bon Iver'son enjoys Grouplove

Well I am back from a three week hiatus folks.  Not to make any excuses but the last three weeks have been fairly hectic with work, and visitors.  Fortunately over the last three weeks I have had the chance to listen to some great music, as well as enjoy a handful of delectable IPAs.  I have been excited to finally sit back down and share some of the news tunes that I have been listening to.  I feel like over this lapse in blogs so many good bands have released new CDs like Bon Iver, Handsome Furs, and The Wooden Birds (2 of 3 will be featured in today's blog.)

First things first, I want to discuss this week's IPA.  It is Arcadia Ales IPA and it might just be the best IPA I have tasted to far.  The best thing about blogging about IPAs is the fact that most taste so money that I am hardly ever let down, and tonight is no exception.  This IPA is brewed in Battle Creek, MI.  Not only is it one of the best IPAs that I have had, it probably has one of the coolest bottles as well.  Check it out!  I think it is no surprise that this IPA gets:



2 EYEBROWS WAY UP!

Due to fact that I have missed the passed three weeks, I have decided to add three different songs this week to make up for missed time.  The first song comes in hot from Bon Iver's (some call him Bone Eve-air) newest self titled album.  Much like The Antlers I had trouble just picking one song from this album because it is so good, but I had to.  For some reason Bon Iver reminds me of Aaron Neville.  Far fetched? Maybe...The song I chose is called "Michicant."  Give it a listen!

Bon Iver - Michicant:

The second song I have chosen is from the band Grouplove.  I heard about the band from my friends Matt and Justin.  This band reminds me a lot of Brand New.  Matt requested that I add this song to my next blog and dedicate it to Justin.  So here you go Justin.

Grouplove - Colours:

The last song comes from the band Handsome Furs.  Handsome Furs is a Montreal-based band led by Dan Boeckner (Wolf Parade).  They have more of a techno feel, but doesn't stop me from wanting to sing and dance.  Without further adeau...

Handsome Furs - "Memories of the Future"

...and now David Hasselhoff eating and cheeseburger...

No comments:

Post a Comment