Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jens Lekman

Welcome to another week, another band, another blog.  I would like to welcome the newest follower, a late bloomer, my brother Andy Cutler.  Welcome aboard sir, you have missed so much.  In recent news, I attended my 10 year high school reunion last week!  What a blast that was...

Unfortunately this week I have not come prepared with a new beer.  I happen to be enjoying a Busch Light.  This is a beer made in St. Louis, MO by the Anheuser Busch Brewing Co.  In the world of domestic beers it's not too shabby.  One eyebrow up folks.

I have to admit I have been quite the slacker this week and have not been partaking in any new music.  Because of the I have chosen Jens Lekman as my music pick of the week.  Jens is a singer/songwriter form Sweden. He is more of a folk artist but I really enjoy his music.  His songs tend to be slow, but at the same time weird and fun.  The first song I have decided to introduce to my bloggers is called Postcard to Nina.  This is a song about a lesbian who is scared to tell her Catholic parents that she is gay, so Jens visits her parents with her posing as a boyfriend.  It unfolds as a funny story of dinner and awkward conversation.  One of my favorite lyrics are: "I get a little nervous and change the subject/I put my hand on some metal object/He jokes and tells me it's a lie detector."  Love it.  The second song I would like to share is call Jens Lekman's Farewell Song to Rocky Dennis.  I actually just learned tonight that Rocky Dennis is the real life person behind the movie Mask with Cher.  At any rate, both songs are great so check them out!

Postcard to Nina:


Jens Lekman's Farewell Song to Rocky Dennis:


And now this...

No comments:

Post a Comment