Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week 2! The Rural Alberta Advantage

Welcome back to my critically acclaimed blog about all things that are good.  As you can see from from 45 post visits last week, my blog is an instant hit...internet sensation.  I also want to direct everyone's attention to the right side of the computer screen and see that I have 2 followers (your friendship check is in the mail Ryan and Marcus)!  Alright, now to the important stuff.  Week 2 of my infamous blog is here and I am enjoying a Vinyl Lager, brewed by Magic Hat, a brewery out of South Burlington, Vermont.  I must admit, it is a perfect spring beer for a perfect spring day in Kansas City.  This weeks pick comes to you all the way from Toronto, Ontario.  The Rural Alberta Advantage is trio folk-rock band the signed to Saddle Creek Records (Omaha, NE) in 2009.  To me the band sounds like a mix between Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! and The Tallest Man on Earth, so definitely an acquired taste.  The song I picked comes off of their sophomore album Departing, and is called "Under the Knife."  It's a slower song, but I really like the mix of slow loud vocals and piano.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl6V91FnSNU

If you like this song, also check out "Two Lovers" and "Music Relaxants"

BONUS PICK OF THE WEEK! Today is so nice in Kansas City (81 and sunny) I thought I would throw in a song that both Jamie and I really love!  It's called "West Coast" off of the album Nighttiming by Coconut Records.  To me it is a perfect song for a day like today.  It makes me want to be outside by the grill, and having a blast with my friends and family.   If you like this song, also check out "It's Not You It's Me" which is also a great song for this time of year.  Enjoy it by the grill!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzEp4CeWT8

No comments:

Post a Comment