Monday, January 9, 2012

This Charming Man

Bringing it back for another week of music and beer.  I have been spending much of the evening watching what might be the world BCS title game of all time.  Luckily I was entertained enough by my dog and Coors Light I was able to stick it out to see a touchdown.  I would have much rather seen an Oklahoma State-LSU match up.

For dessert I am having a very very nice IPA from Feral Brewing Company called Hop Hog India Pale Ale.  This also was a part of my Christmas gift this year from my sister-in-law Emily and her boyfriend Marcus.  I think Christmas should come once a week because I am getting some really nice IPAs.  This beer, like last week, comes from Australia and it is very good.  Great hops, and very smooth citrus flavors.  I am thinking a trip is in store to Australia to try all of their IPAs!

I am having trouble finding new music to listen to so far for the blog because it is early and the year and there are very few CDs being released in the month of January.  This morning on my way to work I was rifling through my iPod and came across a song I really like by Stars called "This Charming Man."  This song is actually a cover originally sang by The Smiths (Morrissey) who were indie way before indie was cool.  I also came to find out that Death Cab for Cutie has covered the song as well, and it makes since because the song is very good.  All three versions are very different, which is fun and interesting to me.  My favorite rendition is by Stars though, but I have added all versions this week so you can compare and contrast.  I hope you like it, and look forward to next week.  Happy times!

Stars-
Death Cab for Cutie -


The Smiths -

2 comments:

  1. a compare/contrast assignment? are you sure you weren't an English teacher in a past life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's evident through my previous writings that I was definitely not an English teacher in a past life...or I was and just drink too much when I write...

      Delete