Monday, August 22, 2011

Sufjan Stevens; making volcanoes erupt...

New week, new song, new blog.  This blog is actually a week overdue.  I was planning on writing this last Saturday, and this was intended to be a weekly blog, but I might have had one too many IPAs that night and was not able to complete my task.  So instead of last Saturday, you get it this Monday.  I was like to welcome the 19th follower to the blog David.  Welcome aboard sir.  You will be issued your standard sailor uniform and cap in the coming weeks. 

Last Saturday's IPA comes from my hometown of Papillion, NE.  My family and friend Jake were in town last week for golf, so my dad was kind enough to bring a couple IPAs to try.  This week's IPA is called Hop God.  It is a Belgian IPA brewed at the Nebraska Brewing Company.  It was a very good beer.  It had a great citrus taste and aroma, and got me pretty drunk!  So for that Hop God, you get:

TWO EYEBROWS UP!

Now to the pick of the week.  I have been listening to the new Beirut so much, that I didn't really find any new albums to select from, so I chose a song off of Sufjan Steven's Age of Adz LP.  This CD is new this year, so it is not that dated.  The truth about this CD, is that when I first listened to it I was kind of turned off because it is so different than music he had put put before.  I loved the previously albums so I felt let down by the new sound, and really didn't listen to it much.  Luckily for my I started listening to it again about 3 weeks ago, and have really started to like it a lot.  My current favorite song on the album is "Vesuvius."  It is the one song on the album that sounds most like his older stuff.  If you have never heard of Sufjan, I highly suggest listening to his old albums.   They are extremely good, and well worth the listen.  Hope you like it!

Sufjan Stevens - "Vesuvius"


And now this (I know this is old, but I just listened to it again recently after a couple years and it is still funny)...


No comments:

Post a Comment